If you dont use these websites as a traveler, you are spending more money then you need to.
1. Skyscanner – This is the key to finding the cheapest flights! Skyscanner is extremely user-friendly and allows you to look at flexible dates and locations. My favorite feature is that you can add your start location and it will show you where the cheapest location to fly to in a certain month time span. Flying can be extremely expensive so looking at an array of airlines can be extremely beneficial. If Skyscanner doesn’t work Kayak, Momondo, and Google Flights are also great alternates.
2. Inspirock – This is a recent discovery and it makes planning so easy. It allows you to put in your starting and ending destination while showing you a full day by day itinerary. This itinerary includes transportation options, activities, sights to see, etc.
3. Rome2Rio – A great way to compare transportation options. It shows if train, bus, airline, ferry, or a combination. It will give you options to see scenic routes which are hard to find on other websites. Getting from point A to point B is easier regardless of your distance. I use it to compare the prices I find on Skyscanner to see if the option of a train is cheaper than flying and vice versa.
4. Wikitravel – By far my favorite website! This is Free Travel Guide that has shared knowledge with travelers from all over the world. It has everything, literally EVERYTHING you need to know about your destination. This includes history, climate, getting in, getting around, accommodation, what to see, when to see it, food options for both the budget and splurging traveler! If you take anything away from this article this website is your best friend
5. Workaway – From those of you who are curious how I am affording to live in Madrid on a very slim budget, you need to check out this website. Workaway allows travelers to exchange their skills for accommodation and sometimes food! Regardless of what your skill and over 32,000+ hosts, there will be a Workaway option for you. This has been one of my best traveling experiences yet as I get to immerse myself in a different culture while greatly reducing my spending.
By: Jade Nguyen